TV SHOW AND SERIES - Machos


I have never really liked watching series, because I have always thought that I could be occupying that time studying something or reading. In short, doing something more productive than sitting in front of the television. In addition, I perceive that series often tend to lengthen for no apparent reason. For example, I once tried to watch the Narcos series, which tells the story of Pablo Escobar. However, I felt that the director was making it too long and was stealing my time. For this reason, I do not enjoy any type of series in particular, as I usually avoid them.


Even so, if I had to choose one, I would stick with Machos, released in 2003 on Channel 13. This is a masterpiece of Chilean productions, in addition to having a spectacular cast. The series tells the story of the Mercader family, made up of seven brothers, all men. Throughout the chapters, the interlocks and family dramas are shown, as well as the conflicts that emerge between the different siblings. I like it because it is quite a sociological series, as it shows what happened in Chile in the 2000s and the most contingent issues of the time, such as masculinity, homosexuality, the sexualization of the body and sexual trauma. It is undoubtedly a portrait of a society in full transformation, whose agents are highly stressed by contingency. A highly recommended, beautiful and heartbreaking series.

Comentarios

  1. I love that you like Chilean series too! I haven't watched Machos yet but I wanna do it when I'll have some time. I remember that I've watched many series at that time because I didn't had tv-cable, so I have the teleserie culture, with La Fiera, Aquelarre, Brujas, etc.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I remember when Machos came out, I was very young, but I remember that my mother watched it on TV, she really liked it.
    The only chilean serie that I like was El Dia Menos Pensado.

    -Greetings from Bss Bss Corner.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Juan Pablo! I also saw this series when I was a little girl. I remember that watching the national television series with my family in the afternoons while we ate. That doesn’t happen anymore in my house, now we are all adults and at tea time we all have our own things to do. Reading your post reminded me of those days.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

SUMMER PLANS - UWU

A COUNTRY I'D LIKE TO VISIT - GUYANA